In line with NSW Government's COVID-19 requirements and our commitment to making your visit as pleasant and safe as possible, the Museum has
in place the following conditions & requirements for visitors:
- Visitors must sign in via Services NSW Covid-Safe Check-in (see our volunteers for an alternative form of check-in if you don't have a mobile phone
- Maintain social distancing (1.5 metres) at all times
- Maintain good hygiene by hand sanitising (hand sanitisers are provided throughout the Museum)
- Limits are in place for exhibit and shop areas based on the 2 sq/m rule requirement
- Avoid touching objects
- Observe entry and exit signs
- Where the Museum is at capacity, visitors will be given options - visiting the Machine Shop first, waiting in their cars or the Museum
outdoor seating, or returning at a later time
- Museum volunteers will undertake regular cleaning to ensure visitor safety & wellbeing
Tuesday, Thursday and weekends - 10am to 4pm
Or by special appointment for groups of 10 or more (out-of-hours surcharge of $20 per group).
Closed Dec 24, 25th & 26th and Good Friday. Open all other days over the easter period.
Adults - $10.00
Concession (pensioner, senior card holders, student 16 & over) - $7.00
Family - $20.00
Child under 16 - $5.00 (children under 5 - free)
Free entry for people with intellectual disability - Groups welcome (see Group bookings below)
Free entry for Carers Card and Companion Card holders
Wheelchair access to ground floor only (see Accessibility below)
Comfortable coffee lounge with magazines and books
- complimentary coffee/tea - available for visitors and travelling companions who may not wish to tour the museum
parking for private vehicles,
caravans, buses and coaches (see Getting here below)
Catering available for groups by advance request (see Food section below)
Enclosed dog run (see Pets below)
Coach tours catered for (see Group bookings section below)
For groups of 10 or more - per person - Adults $9.00, Concession $7.00, Children $5.00
There is a surcharge of $20 per group for visits out of normal museum hours.
Contact us via phone or email with the name of group; number of people; date of visit; time of visit; a contact for the group and contact's
phone number. If the group is travelling, a mobile number that the group can be contacted on is appreciated.
02 6351 4452
If you need to cancel or postpone your visit please let us know as early as possible.
Wheelchair access to ground floor only. Wheel chair access to the upper floor is a priority that we are
working on. Accessible parking is available and we have a wheelchair accessible toilet.
Guide dogs and companion dogs are welcome.
People with intellectual disability and their carers are admitted free of charge.
We are pet friendly. If your pet is well behaved and quiet he/she can come in on a leash. If your dog is boisterous, noisy or
doesn't get on with strangers, we have an enclosed area with water available where your dog can run freely while you are in the
museum. Please see our volunteers at the admissions desk on arrival to arrange for provision for your pet.
View Larger Map
The Museum is located at 69 Methven Street at the front of the old Factory complex. Lithgow is approximately 2 hours west of Sydney
There is ample parking for both cars and RV vehicles inside the main gateway to the left of the Museum building
(directly oppposite the end of Ordnance Avenue).
Trains run from Sydney to Lithgow every 2 hours on weekdays, less frequently on weekends.
You can use Transport NSW's Trip Planner
The museum is a 2km easy walk from Lithgow Station, or there is a regular bus service (not always co-ordinated with the train services).
Bus timetables are available from Lithgow Buslines
(02) 6351 4452 (international: 61 2 6351 4452)
PO Box 564, Lithgow, NSW, 2790, Australia
Email: Contact us